The Citizens’ apartment in the gaming Hub section plays a special role in our portal. With the soon-to-be-released Friendos feature, challenges and tourneys, these apartments will gain more exposure, so it’s a perfect moment to make them look gorgeous.
As most of you know, week after week we keep pushing new features. A couple of months ago we started distributing cosmetic items for the apartments and now that it’s an established feature, a proper Medium article was due.
The apartment is where your ClashDome counterpart, your Citizen, will spend most of the time, so why don’t give him some love by making the apartment as cozy as possible? Once you’ve decided your style, it’s just about getting the proper decorative items. So how are these gonna be distributed?
Distribution of decorative items
You can get your Decorative Items in different ways:
- Weekly sales in our shop. The items sold in these weekly occasions will be quite limited and exclusive in most cases.
- Crafting. Some items will be more common and their availability will last over longer periods of time. In this case, you’ll be able to find them as craftable items in the lower part of our shop.
- Weekly Challenge rewards. Each week we set up a gaming competition. We try to offer a varied palette of prizes among which you can get some decorative items. These competitions are skill-based but do not dismay if you aren’t a particularly good player. Sometimes you can also earn them simply by participating.
- Social media events. Stay tuned to our Twitter profile and Discord server. Wether it’s us or via our collaborators, we will give away exclusive stuff to people who engage with our events.
- Decoration items packs. To speed up the distribution of items and allowing Citizens to have a fully customized apartment sooner we will create packs with items from time to time. These packs aren’t meant to be an immediate sold-out, but more like something that’s craftable during some time, so you can spend your spare Ludio every now and then.
- Weekly Ranking rewards. Once we’re done with the challenging Friendos feature, we’ll prepare rewards for people that participate in the weekly ranking. Earning these items won’t be easy, so owning them will have a status factor. Showing off this stuff in your apartment might get you laid! Just sayin’…
Types of decoration
- Decorative item. The stuff you place on your apartment. It’s purely cosmetic, but you know… things like these turn a house into a home.
- Decorative feature. Helps with the decoration but can’t be considered as an item. Eg. An NFT that allows editing the color of floors and walls.
- Cosmetic accessory. These NFTs will be equipped like a patch on top of your Citizen, displacing the original trait your character had. E.g. a new t-shirt or a holo-hat. The Citizen NFT won’t be altered with these accessories.
- Gamer trinkets. These decorative items will be displayed on your apartment just like regular items but will also play a role on your matches by unlocking assistant features. E.g. A Maneki-Neko figurine that highlights all the possible combinations in the Candy Fiesta board. Thanks to these, you’ll get a notion of which kind of player a certain apartment owner is just by noticing the stuff around.
Sets of items
To give some motivation to collectors and completists, the decorative items will be grouped by themed sets. The sets currently being distributed are:
ClashDome. Generic portal-related stuff. Think of it as the ClashDome government propaganda, with references to the games, but also the gamer culture and ClashDome’s social classes. “Keep calm and keep grinding”.
Modding. ClashDome’s society is filled with techie profiles that love to hack their dull looking and predictably useful houseware. Having a regular fridge is not for them. They need knobs, cables, hubs, voltmeters, blipping leds, luminescent liquid-cooled shenanigans and over-engineered contraptions. And of course, they’re into cableporn.
Gamerism. People tend to lose their marbles at random stuff, so it’s normal that in a game-centric culture such as ClashDome’s, people gravitate towards adoring their gamer idols and their ”legendary” feats. The Gamerism set is what you get when fandom turns into creepy ritualistic devotion.
Each of our games’ theme. Hard-core stuff only true connoisseurs of the games will appreciate.
And more to come: Seasonal events, Plebs, Ubernorms, Hi-Clones, Memes…
Who’s gonna notice how cool my apartment is anyhow?
As more social features are implemented, apartments will start experiencing an increase in the flow of visitors. So much so that we will re-structure the way they are currently managed server-wise. After the changes they will load much faster than they do now.
When you’re challenged by your friendos you’ll receive their visit. That’s just a good reason to pick up your dirty undies and make your place look cooler than theirs.
Tournament hosts will also invite the attendants to their apartments. So you’d better make the place as memorable and unique as possible.
The apartment decoration will soon be integrated as part of the earning system, but that feature will be properly covered in the future.